Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pressure Cooking to Relieve the Pressure in the Kitchen

It's been a long time since I've posted here. I have been wanting to write about the Fissler pressure cooker but first needed to finish up a bunch of non-pressure cooking projects which only happen in the fall when it's harvest time. You can read http://www.theveggiequeen.blogspot.com to see what else I've been up to -- lots of drying, making, putting away.

So, finally I unpacked the Fissler from the box and I am contemplating what tests I should put it through. I may just do one of my standard recipes to see what happens but first I always start with water. This way I can get a feel for what the cooker can do. Then, I'll get going on food.

Since I just cooked a big pot of black beans and another of brown basmati rice in some of my other cookers, I don't need to repeat those dishes. I've baked tofu twice in the past 2 days for 2 different Halloween parties but some braised tofu would be just fine. So, watch for the next post which will be the review.

No comments: